I have NEVER dealt with a worse company in my life. I have been forced to do everything via mail order - unless I choose to get a 21-day supply of medicine for the month.

Done. I jumped that hurdle. It's all mail order now. HOWEVER - I cannot count the number of times my orders have taken over two weeks, medicine has been out of stock and I've never been notified, or I've just received the runaround from multiple employees on the phone via multiple calls - including supervisors who have blatantly lied on the phone about order statuses.

Now their website does not work AT ALL. See attached image. It has been like this for weeks!!! The absolute worst part of this company is how impossible they make it when you need a medication that they are not willing to make available to you.

I cannot take a certain generic drug. Optum RX will only allow me to order the name brand if I pay almost $4000 for a 90-day supply. Then they decided it's not possible to order it at all. I tried to go directly to the manufacturer and do a coupon program so that I could purchase the name brand medication directly for a cost of $5 a month.

That worked for two months. Now I have been notified that I am no longer allowed to use that program because Optum RX was one of three companies that was banned from the program!!!!!!

Review about: Optumrx Prescription Refill.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Comments

You can place your refill when you are down to two weeks of your remaining supply. And depending on your plan, you may be able to place a refill after having used up to 60 to 75 percent of your current fill.

Insurance companies will not pay for the same medication within the same month unless it is a 30 day supply prescription. If you need to go from a 21 day supply to a 90 day supply, you have to wait for the allotted time frame for the insurance to pay for the next fill.

If your plan is set for specific network pharmacies, then the copay program through the manufacturer will only work for two months. You are allowed to use another pharmacy outside of your plan for a certain amount of months and there after must use the pharmacy your plan is contracted for. Therefore making the copay card invalid.

The system is failing because of insurance companies.