You found this website because you are extremely frustrated with OptumRx. Me too.
You have exhausted the usual steps - contacted Customer Service (multiple times), asked for a supervisor (still no help), received prior-authorization (they lied), have written a formal appeal (they laughed in your face). You and your physician have spent hours upon hours on the telephone and filling out request forms but still no resolution to your prescription drug order. So now you feel like there is nowhere else to go but to voice your complaint here.
The truth is, you have laid the groundwork for the next level of action, and that is to file a formal complaint against OptumRx with the Insurance Commissioner for the state in which you live. Furthermore, you can also file a formal complaint with the BBB against OptumRx and don't forget to involve your employer's internal benefit administrator as they may be able to get this resolved.
Filing these formal complaints will get you past the Customer Service run-around for which OptumRx is so famous for. But first you have to exhaust the normal channels of communication within OptumRx so that you can file a proper "case" with the Insurance Commissioner (and don’t forget that the BBB complaint and your employer's benefits administrator can bring attention within a higher level at OptumRx).
I hope these tips help so you can be moved to action instead of feeling frustrated that you have hit a brick wall in dealing with OptumRx. Worst case scenario is to file a lawsuit, but if you follow the proper procedure and are forced to escalate to the Insurance Commissioner etc., you will likely get your matter resolved. Pity that we have to resort to these actions when the problem could and should have been resolved at the OptumRx Customer Service level.
Edward Maurice Feaver
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Reason of review:
- Order processing issue
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Prescription Drug
- Review category
- Drug Stores and Drugs
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Went to the all night Walgreens on Green Oaks in Arlington TX. in the wee hours on a Sunday to get a prescription for a pain medicine filled for my..."
- "Pictures attached...Second try at Minute Clinic in Columbia, SC as my employer is pushing everyone to clinics now. This time, Jan 22. Sign is and I am given..."
- "I placed a 90 day order. OptumRX sent me a 50 day supply and charged me for 90 days per my agreement. My doctor called the pharmacy to..."
- "I ordered the first dress pictured and received the dress in the 3rd and 4th pictures. The dress i received is extremely poor quality material and poorly made. I ordered..."
- "I recently purchased LED tail lights for my Jeep Wrangler. The lights looked great and the purchase process was quite painless. I installed the lights and everything looked..."
- "I am very disappointed and upset because last week I went to go purchased a pair of loafers (shoe department) for my sister. On the shoe tag and shoe box..."
- "I recently bought 2 numbers for overseas. The service was terrible. About 50% of the time I was getting either one-way connection (the other party was hearing me, but I..."
- "Had a action figure sent to the house. The box was completely open,missing items,no shipping label. customer service was absolutely horrible. incompetent extremely unhelpful workers. four times I called customer..."
- "I've been a loyal Jawbone customer for...ever, it seems. My UP3 tracker started cracking and is now broken. They're phone support is down. Its been at least 3+days. I could..."