You found this website because you are extremely frustrated with OptumRx. Me too.
You have exhausted the usual steps - contacted Customer Service (multiple times), asked for a supervisor (still no help), received prior-authorization (they lied), have written a formal appeal (they laughed in your face). You and your physician have spent hours upon hours on the telephone and filling out request forms but still no resolution to your prescription drug order. So now you feel like there is nowhere else to go but to voice your complaint here.
The truth is, you have laid the groundwork for the next level of action, and that is to file a formal complaint against OptumRx with the Insurance Commissioner for the state in which you live. Furthermore, you can also file a formal complaint with the BBB against OptumRx and don't forget to involve your employer's internal benefit administrator as they may be able to get this resolved.
Filing these formal complaints will get you past the Customer Service run-around for which OptumRx is so famous for. But first you have to exhaust the normal channels of communication within OptumRx so that you can file a proper "case" with the Insurance Commissioner (and don’t forget that the BBB complaint and your employer's benefits administrator can bring attention within a higher level at OptumRx).
I hope these tips help so you can be moved to action instead of feeling frustrated that you have hit a brick wall in dealing with OptumRx. Worst case scenario is to file a lawsuit, but if you follow the proper procedure and are forced to escalate to the Insurance Commissioner etc., you will likely get your matter resolved. Pity that we have to resort to these actions when the problem could and should have been resolved at the OptumRx Customer Service level.
Edward Maurice Feaver
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Reason of review:
- Order processing issue
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Prescription Drug
- Review category
- Drug Stores and Drugs
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Black Friday GNC advertised Fitbit One for $9.99 and Fitbit Flex for $39.99. I order immediately on fri. (6) Fitbit One's for my kids/grandkids and 2 FB Flex for myself/husband...."
- "This product may be great but the company is a scam and if anyone like myself has never received the product in the mail but has had over a hundred..."
- "I bought some drugs online with Canadian Health & Care Mall. Then get a surface mail notice from Canadian Border Control that they wanted to inspect a package (apparently..."
- "I ordered flower for delivery on the Thursday before Mother's Day last week. I specified that I wanted the flowers delivered on the Sunday in which Mother's Day is observed,..."
- "I have read many negative reviews regarding Big 3 Performance and nowhere did I see that they were sued, let alone paid back, for any of these large sums of..."
- "Don't fall victim to his bad business practices. He will leave you hanging after he picks up your load for days unable to get ahold of him as he..."
- "A few weeks ago, I purchased a pair of MK snakeskin slip-on sneakers. The store did not have my size, so the woman assisting me ordered the correct size to..."
- "Had purchaised a MKon 2.10.15 which the very next day wasnt working ! I went to ETHOS for replacement bcz i cant accept it which has stopped working the very next..."
- "Many of the nay-sayers of this company are correct about the business practices. If you can get the product, especially the night cream, do it, but if just trying to..."