You found this website because you are extremely frustrated with OptumRx. Me too.
You have exhausted the usual steps - contacted Customer Service (multiple times), asked for a supervisor (still no help), received prior-authorization (they lied), have written a formal appeal (they laughed in your face). You and your physician have spent hours upon hours on the telephone and filling out request forms but still no resolution to your prescription drug order. So now you feel like there is nowhere else to go but to voice your complaint here.
The truth is, you have laid the groundwork for the next level of action, and that is to file a formal complaint against OptumRx with the Insurance Commissioner for the state in which you live. Furthermore, you can also file a formal complaint with the BBB against OptumRx and don't forget to involve your employer's internal benefit administrator as they may be able to get this resolved.
Filing these formal complaints will get you past the Customer Service run-around for which OptumRx is so famous for. But first you have to exhaust the normal channels of communication within OptumRx so that you can file a proper "case" with the Insurance Commissioner (and don’t forget that the BBB complaint and your employer's benefits administrator can bring attention within a higher level at OptumRx).
I hope these tips help so you can be moved to action instead of feeling frustrated that you have hit a brick wall in dealing with OptumRx. Worst case scenario is to file a lawsuit, but if you follow the proper procedure and are forced to escalate to the Insurance Commissioner etc., you will likely get your matter resolved. Pity that we have to resort to these actions when the problem could and should have been resolved at the OptumRx Customer Service level.
Edward Maurice Feaver
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Reason of review:
- Order processing issue
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Prescription Drug
- Review category
- Drug Stores and Drugs
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Persistent out-of-stock items including weekly sale items. Store cluttered and messy. Out-of-stock checkout racks. Poor bathroom conditions. Employees out of uniform. Pharmacy staff wearing sweat..."
- "Can not contact or find a return address for this product. Do you have any advise.i can not find where I ordered this product. It seems to have vanished. Also..."
- "You found this website because you are extremely frustrated with OptumRx. Me too. You have exhausted the usual steps - contacted Customer Service (multiple times), asked for a supervisor (still..."
- "I am entering my 8th month on the project and still do not have a completed bathroom. There have been continual mistakes along the way- faucets plumbed wrong, electrical outlet..."
- "Could somebody help me retrieve the first fourteen digits on my credit card please? I have not seen my card for a month and I need help to remember my..."
- "Fema lies to people and scam people i have been dealing with fema since august everytime i talk to fema its a new excuse of what they need everytime i..."
- "I bought my HIDs and found out I am having surgery and will be out of work, so need the money more than the headlights. I tried to return them..."
- "I recently purchased an Echo GT-225 string trimmer based on product reviews in Consumer Reports. Most reviewers disliked the trimmer head, strings frequently broke and had to be replaced,..."
- "Purchased a iTunes digital code from this online "business," and they kept sending me redeemed codes. I stated several times that I also tried the code on the Ultraviolet site..."